Monday, April 05, 2010

It's been a couple of weeks since I added to the collection, so here are the details.

On March 29, I arrived early at the Fox Theater in St. Louis for a chance to grab a photo and an autograph from Mo'Nique, this year's Academy Award winner for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Precious: Based on the Novel Push by Sapphire. She's currently on a tour featuring her first love, comedy. She and her entourage arrived a little less than two hours before show time. I did manage to get her attention as she made her way to the stage door, but she turned down my request for the photo. I then asked her if I could get an autograph. At that request, she stopped and moved toward me to sign my 8 x 10. However, I had to hand my Sharpie to her "guy" who then handed it to her. I asked for a photo again, but Mo'Nique said she had to get inside for the show. I inquired about after the show and she answered with a "well see, sweetie."

During the wait for her show to conclude, I did manage to get a new photograph with folk legend Arlo Guthrie. He was in concert at the Sheldon, which is across the parking lot from the Fox. While he used to be a generous signer, Arlo signed just 1 or 2 for the few fans waiting by his bus and then stopped for my photo before boarding his bus.

Back to the Fox, as the crowd exited, I heard people mention something about a "meet and greet" inside the Fox. I decided to inquire, and sure enough, she was meeting fans and posing for photos in the lobby. After a lengthy wait in line, mission accomplished. She posed for this shot, but wasn't up for signing autographs. However, I did manage to get another signed 8 x 10 as she exited the stage door surrounded by her entourage.

No comments: