Friday, May 06, 2011

Grammy-award winning songstress Debby Boone is in St. Louis this weekend for a concert at the Bezmes Family Theater on the campus of Lindenwood University. Boone's show features the music of Rosemary Clooney.

Boone, who is best known for her 1977 hit, "You Light Up My Life," gladly stopped to sign a couple of photographs and pose for this shot as she arrived in town earlier today. "Life" was a number one song for ten weeks on the Billboard charts in '77 and helped Boone earn a Grammy Award for Best New Artist.

While waiting for Boone, another Grammy Award winner, Fantasia, passed by me. She was in town for a Mother's Day show at Chaifetz Arena. Although I already have a photo with her, I asked for a new pose. Unfortunately, her manager told me, "we don't take no pictures in no airports." OK.

No comments: