Thursday, July 13, 2006

We spent the past week on vacation . . . taking in the Taste of Chicago (Lou Merlonti's deep dish pizza is to die for!), Milwaukee's Summerfest (don't wait until midnight to leave), and the Wisconsin Dells. While in the Windy City, I met actor/comedian Martin Short following the first night of previews of his new play, Fame Becomes Me, at the LaSalle Bank Theater (don't you just love corporate sponsorship?!?!). Martin was cordial to the small group of ten waiting outside the stage door as he signed playbills and posed for photographs. Martin's next stop is Broadway. His Broadway previews start July 29. You can also catch "Marty" next week on The Late Show with David Letterman.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How amazing to meet so many cool people....I plan on monitoring your adventures on a regular basis!
As I read on, I see that you managed to meet Huge Laurie...I would have fainted....it's my all time favorite show!