Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Reverend is in the house!

Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and R-n-B legend Al Green is in St. Louis tonight to perform at the Fox Theater. I met Reverend Green earlier this morning at St. Louis Lambert International Airport as he arrived on his American Airlines flight from Chicago. He was in great spirits as he playfully hid behind a post to avoid me and several other autograph collectors. The Reverend was especially excited to see I had his newest disk, Lay It Down, for him to sign (The new CD is vintage Al Green...track four, "No One Like You" is my favorite cut). He punctuated his excitement with a couple of "oh yeahs and hallelujahs" and a little dance after signing each autograph. And, he gladly posed for photos with us as he waited for his luggae to arrive.

1 comment:

Lon Strickler said...

Hi Kevin...I didn't see you snagged Al green. I have never gotten him to sign for me.